Jon on East Meets Tech
by: Jon Borichevskiy
Part of Game02
Psychedelics, molecularly speaking, create an environment in which these neural circuits become more malleable and changeable.
Combine them, and the implications are incredibly compelling.
what might these therapeutic experiences look & feel like?
- imagining something between a typical video game Level 0 (where an NPC guides me through some intro objectives) and full on Matrix
- couple high level categories
- "see myself"
- "see others differently"
- "see the world differently"
data in (loop "capture")
- physical location & motion
- speech - what is said, how it's said
- live loop voice transformations
- heart rate & biometrics
- video of self
- this could get confusing…
- live loop video of self back in? potential for roleplaying?
- neural capture
data out (loop "output")
- physical environment
- ambient sound / lighting
- AR - google glass but better
- suggested paths and activities overlaid on offline environment
- VR - full rewrite of visual and auditory input
- recording and playing back roleplay sessions as several characters
- re-visit traumatic location/setting in safe context
- body dysmorphia
- retraining physical movement after major injuries
- online group psychedelic experiences
- may allow for a meaningful level of shared context (even while in the midst of a trip) across distance… instead of a video/phone call what would we want to send instead? (in addition to?)
- remote therapeutics
- internet connection issues would be not good
- what does a safety word/gesture look like?
- can it be directly neural (ie, a thought pattern?)
- how to collect "deep" recordings to aid future sessions without capturing & reinforcing negative/personal dimensions
- some people don't like using technology on certain psychedelics… might more analog "loop output" methods be more natural/calming/soothing? audio-first world as opposed to visual, etc
- privacy, security, remote access, etc