streams vs queues (4/10)
by: Jon Borichevskiy
- type: doodle
- drawn with: iPad Pro - Apples Notes
- series: post 4 of 10
- how does the order of messages change our perception of what has happend?
- twitter is latest on top, like a news feed or queue
- new telegram appears at the bottom, like a chat conversation
- how new content appears also feels differently:
- telegram messages just arrive, sometimes in a flood
- twitter requires an expliclt "pull down to refresh" action
- how would seeing new messages on a geospatial map feel?
- what if two of my friends posted something near each other, at the same time?
- neither platform shows a length of time that passed between two messages: they are all equidistant from one another
- process: draw on iPad -> open Notes on Mac -> screenshot with CMD+Shift+3 -> edit & crop -> move to /assets -> embed with !