Meta Reflections on Sync Sesh - July 6, 2021
Another meta forum discussion post! Drop your thoughts and summary of info + discussion here
- What an awesome sync sesh! So much to unpack...
- First off - the #current-squawk Discord channel was pretty rad, it was like a collaborative note-taking sesh within a sync meeting
- All of our notes helped summarize the video (YouTube summary), which Jon noted - it's easy when everything is outlined in real time!
- I'm curious if we'll use this channel for other purposes, or if it's really only something we use in real-time, and close in time to the sync; aka - how much back referencing will we be doing?
- Hmmm, makes me wonder, if we had this in a relational OS, the likelihood of each block submission having utility over a broad period of time will increase, which is v cool
- Second, I really enjoyed the part of the conversation where we were talking about what it's like to collaborate, sharing our different approaches to work
- Fascinated by the fact that we were all aware of not wanting to step on each other's toes
- Interesting to note that a lot of us have done a ton of solo/independent work, so the close-group-work stuff is new-ish or at least less familiar
- Rad that we could even get into a meta-convo about this
- Some concrete actions arising to capture this meta, for example around committing code:
- Recording short Loom vids to describe code committed
- Potential for some kind of weekly round-up of PRs
- Also a cool discussion around how this meta can help bridge the gap between the technical and non-technical, and highlighting the context within which technical decisions arose
- The enactment of working together, making it fun, is what makes ALL of this worthwhile and noteworthy
- We're playing together, and starting with small experiments to figure out our roles and how we like to play, what the constraints for play are, etc.
- Loved that we all wanted to go on a ride into the future through design fiction - so when Dave offered to walk us through some of his thoughts and everyone was excited, that was cool - like we were getting on a ride lol