Prompt Game Play to Explore the Meta-Relational
by: Kristen Pavle
relational meta-data buzzard.game; prompt; meta-analysis; in response to @jon; related to "sustainable funding, collaboration modes, invitations to play"
additional context There's a bit of a need to capture what's happening with Buzzard, to-date, in order to move forward. A felt sense that the answers to questions we're feeling into may already exist or be closer than we realize, we seek a route to a space where the answers can emerge. In the spirit of our decentralized publishing games, I propose a prompt game as this route, described below (in Game Play).
As Buzzard (and relational OS) continues to evolve, as a group, I think it could be helpful to "ground". Do a bit of reflection, taking stock of what's happening/has happened, a touch-stone (or spring board) as we leap into what's next.
In some ways this is a way to tap into the 5 Ws (who, what, where, when, why (and how)) - to gather some info on what's going on. This is the grounding part - let's take a look at what's happening (aka the reality of now), feel into it some. It helps to ground in order to get more fluid in action/behavior because we're situated on sounder soil, so to speak.
This game play offers a method to sync, because we all experience and process things differently. Through this game, I hope we can tap into each other's perspectives, to form a metaperspective.
note: this additional context is mostly for my own edification, so I can start to understand why I'm proposing games--motives, perceived outcomes, design features, etc. I do hope it helps in explaining my approach to Buzzard as well.
Goals of Game
- Phase 1: Capture a snapshot in time understanding of Buzzard, through participation of squad members in a prompt-based game
- Phase 2: Work with (analyze) the info captured in phase I and use the info as fodder for further TBD action (i.e. further discussion in certain areas, pull together a written post on Buzzard, inform future project/game direction, etc.)
Proposed Game Play
Simple game method: a series of prompts answered in succession. Below is a high-level step-by-step outline + questions/comments to help shape the game's final form with Buzzard input.
- Spin-up a Discord channel for the game
- unsure if this will be a permanent channel, perhaps for "current game play" or just a one-and-done channel. i think we can figure this out after we play the game.
- if we wanted to do something less discussion based, could use another app completely, for example Notion. after talking to Jon, Discord feels the "easiest"/least friction and I like the idea of conversational style
- Put out 1 prompt (see below) every 24-hours for group discussion
- idk how easy it is to program a bot in Discord to do the prompting, but we could bot prompt or I volunteer as prompter 🙃
- Do we need more rules to constrain the discussion?
- After all of the prompts/responses have concluded, meet to have a meta-discussion about how to proceed with content (aka how to move into phase 2)
- I'm not proposing a method for phase 2 because I'd like to see how the game unfolds and what kind of content we get.
- Assuming we use Discord, I believe it's easy to export data to play with outside the app?
- How and why is web3 important in the current digital tech landscape? (Generally, and Buzzard or relational OS specific)
- What are the social implications of web3 and Buzzard/relational OS?
- Describe Buzzard to yourself.
- Who are the type of people you want to work with through Buzzard/relational OS?
- Describe what it's been like to work as Buzzard.
- What is the function of the larger ecosystem that Buzzard is in service of, the entity (perhaps DAO) creating and maintaining relational OS? (A swarm/flotilla/federation/hive of squads; Buzzard is one such squad)
- What constitutes a squad in the relational OS flotilla/swarm/federation/hive? What is it to be a squad?
If we agree this game makes sense, then we should:
- Find consensus on the game methodology and prompts (do we have time for this tomorrow friday 9/3 before we dive into equisite land?)
- Pick a day to begin the game
- Play the game!